Case IH has plans to pump up the horsepower offering for its AFS Connect Steiger series tractors with six all-new, high-powered models for 2024.
The manufacturer says the Steiger 425, 475, 525, 555, 595 and 645 tractors, which are scheduled to go into production during the fourth quarter of 2023, will have the power to tackle the toughest jobs on the farm.
“For our chassis on four-wheel drives, our model offering is going from a 425 horsepower at the small end up to a 645. And that 645, at max boosted power, will give us 699 peak horsepower,” says Case IH tractor marketing manager Joe Miller. “That’s the best-in-industry power right now, so we’re very excited for this new updated Steiger launch.”
In this interview, recorded at the National Farm Machinery Show at Louisville, Kentucky, Miller notes the new tractors will bring new levels of cab comfort and AFS Connect data management technology to deliver efficiency and high-tech functionality in one hyper-efficient machine. Miller is also excited about the versatility the Steiger chassis brings to the new machines. (Story continues after the video.)
“That’s probably one of the biggest differentiators at Case IH is the chassis on four-wheel drives. When you talk about the four-wheel drive chassis, we have a row crop chassis, which we’ll start with at 425. And new this year, we go up to the 525, so it’s 525 horsepower that’s available in a row crop configuration that can navigate down 30-inch space corn.”
In the video, Miller breaks down the Steiger transmission options, which includes a PowerDrive powershift transmission and a CVXDrive continuously variable transmission for effortless power transfer at any speed.
Miller also shares what operators can expect from an exterior and in-cab overhaul of the tractor. Upgrades include:
- Retooled cab top and subroof styling
- Integrated overhead grab rails for operator security
- Improved door handles for easier entry and exit
- A new premium sound option, with an amplifier, tweeters, 6.5-inch subwoofer with ported box and additional speaker grills
- Enhanced LED lighting package with greater output options for 360-degree night lighting visibility
- New front and upper-roof side RAM mounts for easier display mounting
- Additional front console storage
Click here for more National Farm Machinery Show coverage.