Canola and soybean farmers have a powerful new tool in the fight against sclerotinia after Corteva Agriscience announced the launch of Viatude™ fungicide with Onmira™ active, just in time for the 2023 growing season.
Sclerotinia stem rot is the most economically significant canola disease in Canada¹, resulting in millions of dollars in yield loss every year. Additionally, the disease can overwinter and remain viable as sclerotia for many years, with the potential to affect other broadleaf crops including pulses, sunflowers and mustard.
“We’re committed to providing Western Canadian farmers with the innovation they need to get the most out of every acre, today and in the future,” said Kirsten Ratzlaff, Portfolio Marketing Manager, Corteva Agriscience. “It is why we are proud to offer Viatude, a new crop protection tool for canola and soybean farmers that will provide best in class sclerotinia protection, and, in turn, help to prevent yield loss and protect the farmer’s bottom line.”
Best-in-class sclerotinia protection
Viatude fungicide offers farmers a strong layer of protection against sclerotinia in canola and soybeans and includes multiple modes of action for resistance management.
It contains a unique combination of two highly effective active ingredients, one of which is Onmira active, a highly mobile ingredient that provides excellent coverage inside and outside of the crop against sclerotinia. This combination of active ingredients, paired with the all-in-one premix formulation, results in superior plant protection in both canola and soybeans.
Why use Viatude™ Fungicide?
- Delivers best-in-class sclerotinia protection from two of the strongest sclerotinia actives
- Provides multiple modes of action with a unique combination of two highly effective active ingredients that both provide protection against sclerotinia in canola and soybeans
- Viatude™ fungicide with Onmira™ active protects plants inside and out against sclerotinia
Premium Sclerotinia Performance
- Viatude contains two highly effective sclerotinia active ingredients providing multiple modes of action for resistance management.
- This combination of active ingredients and the all-in-one premix formulation results in superior plant protection.
- 2022 field scale trials show Viatude consistently outperforms current standard fungicides, delivering a 1.6 bu/ac yield advantage in canola, compared to current standards. ²
Excellent coverage and plant protection
Systemic movement and coverage from a fungicide is critical for maximum protection in a dense canola and soybean canopy. The Onmira active in Viatude fungicide is highly mobile; it quickly and efficiently surrounds, penetrates, and protects the leaf and stem from sclerotinia infection. The advanced movement properties of Viatude fungicide help deliver more premium protection.
Viatude is currently available to canola and soybean farmers across Canada. Talk to your local Territory Manager to unleash best-in-class sclerotinia protection for stronger and more vigorous crops.