A section on page 192 of the federal government’s new emissions reduction plan that refers to a “green levy” on pickup trucks has caught the attention of many Canadians. Thousands of people, including many Conservative politicians, have not only read but shared a column titled “Trudeau planning a tax on trucks” that was published on the websites of Postmedia’s Sun newspapers on April 14. The column, written by Kris Sims of the Canadian Taxpayers Federation, focuses on a section in the latter half of the 271-page emissions reduction document that calls on the federal government to “broaden Canada’s existing Green…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg Koozy!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg Koozy?!