Ruminant animals aren’t just great at turning grass and forage into nutrient-dense protein; they can also turn food waste back into food, but we need a system to do it. Dr. Kim Ominski, with the University of Manitoba, Dr. Tim McAllister, with Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada at Lethbridge, and Herman Peters, of Birkland Farms, join Shaun Haney for this webinar on integrating livestock systems into our food system on the post-consumer and processor end in a wide-scale effort to decrease food waste and recycle nutrients. Settle in for this 28 minute webinar discussion on what’s already happening to divert discarded…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg Koozy!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg Koozy?!