While the promise of futuristic agricultural technologies is alluring, many are heavily reliant on connectivity. “There’s just one piece missing — the actual ability to provide that connectivity,” says RealAgriculture’s Shaun Haney. Over the course of his time at Agritechnica in Hanover, Germany, Haney covered a lot of ground, interviewing on some of the latest developments in agricultural technology offerings and visions. And, he says, a lot of it simply won’t be possible without 5G connectivity. Farmers need to be aware of this, says Haney, and farm groups need to be pushing not just for rural broadband, but also for…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg Koozy!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg Koozy?!