In today’s episode of the show, co-hosts Shaun Haney and Kelvin Heppner cover:
- Kelvin’s Hot Picks (hint: they weren’t so hot);
- Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food Lawrence MacAulay’s response to questions about whether or not he supports the proposed tax changes by the Liberal government;
- Peter Johnson, RealAg’s resident agronomist, joins to discuss crop conditions in Ontario (from weather to disease), touches on Canada’s Outdoor Farm Show (COFS), and how long crops need;
- Agronomist Pat Lynch’s COFS demo on cultivators, tillage, and what farmers should consider when thinking about investing in a cultivator;
- Clubroot – Jamie Mills with CPS says it’s “emerging as one of the most dangerous diseases in canola” and is now present in all three prairie provinces; and
- A potential change in durum – could it become a winter crop?
Join us for RealAg Radio every weekday at 4pm eastern on Rural Radio 147 on SiriusXM!