On the heels of Super Bowl Sunday, it’s an info-packed Agronomy Monday on RealAg Radio, including:
- a discussion with Alberta barley growers Scott Keller and Wade McKallister on the keys to consistently making malt with your barley.
- Scott Meers of Alberta Agriculture (and Forestry, but don’t ask him about forestry) chats with Lyndsey about the three main weevil pests in Western Canada.
- Peter Johnson shares what he learned in 2016 about the relationship between corn emergence timing and yield.
- The “A-Team” of Aaron Stevanus and Aaron Breimer discuss their findings from 2016 how precision planting variables affect profitability.
- And we wrap up with an interesting conversation about the prospects for perennial wheat with AAFC research scientist Jamie Larsen.
Catch RealAg Radio every weekday afternoon at 4pm eastern on Rural Radio Channel 147 on SiriusXM!