February 16, 2017 will be Canada’s Agriculture Day, a group of agriculture representatives announced today at the Canadian Centre for Food Integrity Public Trust Summit in Ottawa.
The theme for the day is Let’s Celebrate the Food We Love, and the plan is that the agriculture and agri-food community will host events and conversations across the country to do just that.
“It’s all about showing our love, pride and passion for an industry that puts food on our tables,” said Candace Hill, manager of Agriculture More Than Ever. “We want to give everyone the opportunity to have a voice in the conversation and celebrate the industry that feeds the world.”
“Every link in the food production chain – from the farm to the grocery store and restaurant – plays a vital role in bringing food to your table every day,” said Crystal Mackay, CEO of Farm and Food Care Canada. “Canada’s Agriculture Day is an opportunity to get involved, celebrate and be a part of the conversation about food and farming.”
Agriculture More Than Ever offered some suggestions on ways to participate, including:
- Share stories, pictures or create and post a video from the farm
- Host an ag day meal using Canadian ingredients and share online
- Speak at a school or library and share your passion for ag
- Bake and share your favourite recipe and link to Canadian ag suppliers
- Organize a Canadian food appreciation day at your business
- Boiling the Ocean — Farm and Food Care Canada in Five Minutes
- How Are You Celebrating National Soil Conservation Week?
- Observing Canada’s National Organic Week — A Retrospective
- Ag More Than Ever is Changing Perceptions, More to Be Done: Lyndon Carlson