For a province that can seem overrun with highways and hi-tech interests (at least in its most southern regions), it’s significant that its premier, Kathleen Wynne, chose to name herself agriculture and food minister when she took over the reins.She had every other option. You name the portfolio and it could have been hers. But she chose agriculture and food.Some dismissed or even decried her decision. They said an agriculture minister needs to focus exclusively on agriculture, and that no one can wear both hats effectively. Others say she claimed the portfolio for political reasons, to try bolstering Liberal fortunes in…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg Koozy!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg Koozy?!